Monday, July 6, 2015

Thank you Cineworld and Marrow Aberdeen!

A totally amazing thing happened yesterday. Cineworld Queens Links, with the help of Marrow Aberdeen, opened their doors between 12noon and 5pm to hold an event raising awareness for bone marrow donation.

But not only did a few people wander in and sign up as bone marrow donors - an incredible 52 people ventured down to the beach to sign up. 52 people! I was genuinely blown off my feet when I heard it was that many! The fact that all those people took the time out of their day to sign up is truly amazing, and I wish that I could go around and thank each of you 52 wonderful people individually. By just signing up you have given me the possibility of life, and I will never be able to thank anyone enough for that.

As well as those 52 amazing prospective donors, I am so grateful to all those at Cineworld and Marrow Aberdeen for making the clinic a possibility. It was your hard work and support for me that made the event  successful, and I am so grateful. Like I said in my card - I promise to buy you all a drink when I've beaten this thing!

Unfortunately I obviously couldn't be at the event myself, but I've got some photographs to give you all a taster of how wonderful it was. An amazing day organised by some amazing people. Thank you.







1 comment: