Sunday, September 27, 2015

Thank you Cockburnspath!

Since my diagnosis I have received an unbelievable amount of love and support from everyone, and last weekend I was amazed again by the kindness of the people of Cockburnspath, where I grew up, as they held a fundraiser for me.

Through a raffle and profits from the bar the amazing people of Cockburnspath managed to raise approximately £1100 - and that's not even including the funds from the donation boxes. Absolutely brilliant. That's so much money, and I know that Anthony Nolan will be able to use it to help so many people.

Cockburnspath is such a small village, but I know everyone pulled together and a fantastic night was had by all, with a magnificent figure being raised. I am so grateful to everyone that helped organise the event, to everyone that attended and to anyone who donated in some way. You are all truly wonderful people, and I promise that when I am better I will be back in Cockburnspath to thank all of you.






The rugby tickets for Scotland vs. Samoa also sold for a good amount of money, which I am incredibly happy about. To the person that bought them - make sure you enjoy it for me! I will be sitting watching it on the TV, pining to be there, but it makes me feel so much happier that someone will be making the most of the experience. I will just live in hope that Dad is willing to take me to see Scotland play in the next Rugby World Cup... In Japan....Maybe...

Whilst this brilliant event in  Cockburnspath Village Hall was taking place, I was unfortunately sitting in hospital receiving chemotherapy. However, this treatment went very well and I was released promptly on Monday and have been home ever since. I was also given a room with a view in the hospital, so I got to watch the Air Ambulance helicopters flying in.






Now that I've finished Phase 3 we are all playing the waiting game. Waiting for a donor, and waiting for the transplant. But I am more confident than ever that I will find a donor, especially as everyone has been so amazing at raising funds and awareness for Anthony Nolan.

So again, I simply say thank you to everyone.



Laura xo

2 comments:

  1. Anyone know what is Japanese for;
    forward pass ...... high tackle ..... off side .... try
    There are other phrases that may come in handy but those will do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuffed you've got the cap on - looks fab! Praying for a suitable donor to be found very soon. Love from all XXXX

    ReplyDelete